Back to path

Chiesa del Ss.mo Redentore

Via San Giovanni Bosco, Sovico

jQuery Slider

History and Architecture

Built in the 16th century on the site of the small church of San Fedele Martire (12th century), it was modified with successive enlargements until 1827, when the campanile fell on the church, destroying it, luckily without any injuries. The church was reconstructed in 1830 and extended again in the years 1885-93. The enlarged church was consecrated in 1901. We do not know the reason why the church built on the site of the one dedicated to St Fidelis was dedicated instead to Christ the King and the Holy Apostles Simon and Jude. The church was deconsecrated in 1935 and has not been used since.

Hours of opening to the public

Closed to the public.