Back to path

Villa Raimondi

Via Raimondi Mantica, 18,20, Lentate sul Seveso

jQuery Slider

History and Architecture

Villa Raimondi, the most imposing of Lentate’s aristocratic residences, built in 1630 by the Casnedi family, has the U-shaped layout typical of the Lombard villas of the time. The only decorations of the sober building are the small balcony on the upper floor and what remains of the friezes painted around the windows. The two main fronts are connected by a portico that links the garden in front (closed by an exedra adorned with statues and a monumental gate with the “R” of the Marchesi Raimondi) with the garden-terrace, decorated with a majestic baroque flight of steps leading to the valley below. Some rooms still have their original baroque decorations. The Strumentoteca d’Arte Musicale, a collection of over 6,000 musical instruments, is housed in the old coach house.

Hours of opening to the public

Guided tours for groups: by arrangement only on the occasion of “Ville Aperte in Brianza”. For information and bookings: Associazione Amici dell’Arte at +39 366-4511175. Information: info@amiciarte.it. Bookings: prenota@amiciarte.it.