Back to path

Villa Valdettaro

Via Cavour 46, Lentate sul Seveso

jQuery Slider

History and Architecture

Villa Valdettaro – or Villa della Contessa – was built in 1847 by Bartolomeo Marelli, impresario of La Scala, who chose the eclectic style popular at the time. The architecture makes broad reference to the Gothic, as can be noted in the portico adorned with statues that faces the entrance and in the brick decorations above the windows that underline the pointed shape of the arches. The overall appearance is that of a mediaeval castle, accentuated by the surviving tower that stands on the road. The garden reaches to the valley floor and was laid out in the late 19th century by the famous architect Giuseppe Balzaretti.

Hours of opening to the public

Not open for visits.