Back to path

Villa Clerici o Immacolata

Via Trieste 5, Copreno (Lentate sul Seveso)

jQuery Slider

History and Architecture

Against the horizon of Copreno stands Villa Immacolata (or Villa Clerici), built by the Clerici family in 1650 and now occupied by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Carità Immacolata Concezione of Ivrea. The small tower that can be glimpsed from the road crowns the construction, erected by Francesco Clerici, perhaps over the remains of the monastery that is remembered to have been located at Copreno, but of which there are no documentary traces. The courtyard is porticoed and the fronts are embellished by balconies with elegant wrought-iron railings. It is very likely that Alessandro Manzoni stayed at the villa and the celebrated conductor Arturo Toscanini certainly did.

Hours of opening to the public

Not open for visits.